Knee Osteoarthritis, commonly known as OA is a degenerative disorder in which the knee joint cartilages degenerate that produces friction which leads to pain and stiffness in the movement. The hyaluronic acid is naturally present in the knee and acts as a joint grease. This grease starts deteriorating in arthritis as the synovial fluid (the fluid present in joints) decreases. Viscosupplementation is a technique by which the joint grease, hyaluronic acid is injected in the knee joint to treat pain and stiffness. Viscosupplementation is suggested if all other conservative measures fail including the corticosteroid injection. Dr. Sumit Badhwar is an expert in the viscosupplementation technique in noida, you can book an appointment with him here.
Hyaluronic Acid At a Glance
- A naturally occurring substance that helps in smooth movements of the joint.
- It is present in the synovial fluid that is present in every joint space. Synovial fluid is a viscous fluid that is vital for the joint movement.
- HA (hyaluronic acid) acts as a lubricant & shock-absorber in the knee joint and other joints. It keeps on decreasing in quantity as arthritis progresses. Injecting hyaluronic acid can replenish its quantity in the joint thereby providing better and smooth movements without any pain, friction, or stiffness.
About Viscosupplementation Procedure in Noida
Dr. Sumit Badhwar is an expert in the viscosupplementation treatment in noida. As the experience plays a key role in doing such precise procedures, he is the best knee surgeon in noida with about 15 years of experience in the field. The main steps of the knee pain injection procedures are –
- A local anesthetic spray, ointment or injection will be applied to make the injection painless for the patient.
- After which Dr. Badhwar checks for any excess fluid present in the joint, if it is there then it is aspirated which helps in relieving knee pain.
- After which the hyaluronic acid is injected in the knee joint space.
- The Patient can go home immediately after the procedure.
- About one to five shots need to be given, each one week apart.
Benefits of Viscosupplementation Treatment
- Reduces swelling
- Reduces Pain
- Helps in achieving a smooth
- Helps in delaying knee replacement surgery
- Provides a novel non-surgical treatment method of pain-relief
Precautions to be taken after Viscosupplementation Procedure
- Avoid stair climbing for 48 hours
- Avoid any sports activities until 48 hours after the procedure or as directed by the orthopedic doctor
- Apply ice pack if the redness or swelling occurs, however, if it doesn’t go away after 48 hours, call your orthopedic doctor.
- Explain all the medicines you are taking to the doctor before the commencement of the treatment.
Things to Consider About Hyaluronic Acid Injection for Knee Pain
- This injection is most effective in mild to moderate cases of arthritis.
- You need to wait for a few weeks to see the effects of viscosupplementation as there won’t be any immediate relief.
- The effect of the injection lasts for about 6 months or more in most patients but it varies from patient to patient.
- The viscosupplementation course can be repeated after 6 months if the patient feels so.
Still have questions? Or Interested in Viscosupplementation Treatment in Noida by Dr. Sumit Badhwar, the best orthopedic doctor in noida, then book an appointment here or give us a call at +919958611221, +91 7428951221